View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013   #25
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Draft Grade - Round 3/1 Brennan Williams

Scout's Take: Maccagnan on T Brennan Williams

Quote:
Texans director of college scouting Mike Maccagnan

“He had sort of an unusual season in the sense that he came into the season coming off a spring surgery, so when he first started the season, he was still rounding into shape, we kind of felt. Then, he played quite well. When you went back and watched 2011 tape on him from the previous season, I thought he played extremely well in 2011. Later in the (2012) season, he actually injured his shoulder, so he ended up getting surgery on his shoulder and then missing the remainder of the season. Sometimes, when kids have (those) sort of circumstances, they may slide a little bit in the draft, and we kind of felt that’s what happened with him to a degree. So we sort of felt good that at the end of the third round, a player of his caliber was still available. He’s obviously fine from a medical standpoint, did everything for his workout in the spring, and he (came) into mini-camp and done a nice job for us right out of the gate. From an ability standpoint, he’s a prototypical guy in terms of size and stature. He is a good athlete for the position. I think he probably has the ability to play left tackle. He may be better suited on the right side.
CLICK ON THE ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST OF THE STORY

With it being the left shoulder that was operated on, I'd be more hesitant to put it under maximum stresses with end around pass blocking (most common reason for a tackle to suffer this type of injury.......arm being pushed backwards while it is extended/abducted) at this point in the left tackle position. At least for now, I would want to see him at right tackle where the right shoulder receives most of the game-time action.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote