View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013   #194
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans OTAs thread (5/20-21, 23, 28-30, 6/3-6).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Doc, I don't see how the Cowboys' change in D scheme has anything to do with a rookie.

Mitchell was recruited as a TE.
He didn't move to the D until his Jr year.
He did not play much at the nose in the Wildcats 43 defense
Most often, he lined up as a 3-tech Undertackle in college.

Interestingly, Ratliff was also recruited as a TE and made the transition to DE in his sophomore year. But virtually all of his junior year was screwed up by an early high ankle sprain which made him miss 4 1/2 games only to come back to be used sparingly as rotational DE piece. His senior year was his only year to really gain experience at DT.......a 4-3 position in which he shined.

I guess I brought this up in the context that position changes and scheme changes can take time with some players over others, and be kinder to some and rather "cruel" to others.

It is difficult for me to see Mitchell used in the same sentence as Ratliff as an interchangeable part. But, from all looks, it appears that Wade is Hell-bent to make it work.

After Cody suffered his original disc injury, I suggested that without long-term rest and rehab, he could very well be dealing with this problem throughout the season. I feel that if Cody was not hampered throughout the 2012 season with a disc problem, he could have developed into a better fit than Mitchell can be expected to. We will all have to wait and see. But meanwhile, I will keep hoping that something more promising reveals itself between now and the beginning of the season.

Last edited by CloakNNNdagger; 05-25-2013 at 09:25 AM. Reason: word omission
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote