View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013   #115
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub is the Rodney Dangerfield Of QBs He Gets No Respect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Outside of Denver.... which games do you think Matt performed like a franchise QB?

I used to think the same thing. I never liked him, or his style of QB, but I accepted the fact that he was one of the true starting QBs in the league. But last year, he was in a funk that lasted all season long.

I think there was some holding back by Kubiak, but I "feel" like there was some holding back by Schaub as well. We were overly conservative & it just felt like a different offense all together.

I mean we booed them in week 1...... but won the game by 20.
I honestly can't say I think he's a franchise QB. The best word I can use to describe him early in the season is "efficient". Efficient was good enough for us to start out the season on fire though. Even though I can't say he was playing well he wasn't turning the ball over and that's what drives me crazy as a fan.

The question then becomes can we win the Super Bowl with an non-franchise, efficient QB? It hasn't been done in over a decade so I'm not really sure. We really just need him to be playing well at the right time. I highlight the Denver game because that's probably when he was at his best. He was good against Jax and Detroit too, but to me those games were different because we were playing catchup.

The best I've seen Matt and this offense was that stretch of games before he was hurt against Tampa. Somehow we need to figure out how to get back to that.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote