View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013   #114
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 439853 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub is the Rodney Dangerfield Of QBs He Gets No Respect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Outside of Denver.... which games do you think Matt performed like a franchise QB?

I used to think the same thing. I never liked him, or his style of QB, but I accepted the fact that he was one of the true starting QBs in the league. But last year, he was in a funk that lasted all season long.

I think there was some holding back by Kubiak, but I "feel" like there was some holding back by Schaub as well. We were overly conservative & it just felt like a different offense all together.

I mean we booed them in week 1...... but won the game by 20.
I think that last bit is really all you need to know.

Through the early part of the season, I felt like the offense was playing a good conservative strategy. Good winning football.

To me, that was franchise quarterback football, championship football. Not flashy. Not gaudy. Just get the win and move on.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote