View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013   #110
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 370555 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub is the Rodney Dangerfield Of QBs He Gets No Respect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
OBTUSE:
Adjective
Annoyingly insensitive or slow to understand.
Difficult to understand.

How is the above not considered an insult? Looks like a weak attempt as an insult towards me simply based on my disbelief of the theory that an unreported injury was the sole cause of Schaub's poor performances. A belief that others on here have expressed as well, but yet I'm the one who is being considered "obtuse" in your opinion. I'm simply stating facts when is say nothing has supported such a thought & repeating it & believing it seems a bit far fetched at this time. If I'm the one dealing in facts then it seems your use of "obtuse" seems inaccurate & being used for the wrong side of the debate to say the least.
*sigh*

Alright, I'm going to waste a few minutes of my time here...

My description of your attitude was not meant to insult you. You are free to take it that way, but that was not my intention.

The point of the use of the word "obtuse" was very specific. You seem either unable or unwilling to comprehend what others are telling you.

Nobody is claiming ultimate insider knowledge of this organization. However, if you took the time to actually comprehend the knowledge and information being presented here by very qualified people, you might have a pleasant conversation. Even if you disagree, the point is to not attempt to disrespect or belittle anyone that you do not agree with.

You may not see that in yourself, but others do.

Quote:
I realize the TT "brotherhood" is strong amongst some of y'all, but the silly pissing matches that consist of insults seems a bit childish simply because we have a difference in opinions on a subject that is obviously highly debatable. I haven't complained or whined, as you falsey proclaimed, about those that didn't agree w/ me, all I have done is stated my case & the information I have to support my belief. A belief I might add that others members have agreed with.
You can perceive a "brotherhood" all you desire, but the reality is that many of us are friends outside of this forum and we all share a common passion as Texans fans.

I do not do pissing matches and I do not neg rep folks. You are free to investigate the last 9 years of history in this forum and see that I am fairly consistent in that regard.

I'm not tooting a horn, but rather pointing out that I'm a reasonable guy and have no problem with disagreements.

Quote:
I understand I am new to this site, but that doesn't mean that I can't express my opinions about the Texans because it isn't inline w/ the TT "brotherhood". I have enjoyed the conversations here & admit some of them go a bit deeper then those on HT.com, which is one aspect that I appreciate about TT, but assuming & acting as if the opinions of long time members are the only ones that are correct seems a bit shortsighted. Honestly, I'm not concerned w/ your opinion about my thoughts because I put no more credit into yours then you do into mine, but I would hope that we could end our disagreements w/ a simple "agree to disagree" w/out this back & forth pissing match stuff because it is weak, tiresome, & juvenile. I do apologize to the other members for engaging in this one for so long as it is obvious many of y'all will stick together regardless & I too will not change my mind. So I simply say...I politely agree to disagree w/ you.
Being a noob to the site has nothing to do with it. We openly welcome new members, as most of the time it is someone like you that shares our passion for the Texans.

Nobody has a superior opinion based on post count, join date, or rep.

However, there are a lot of professionals on this forum who have quality opinions and perspectives. I have learned so much over the years from these folks, and continue to learn, that over time you begin to see value in these various backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.

Quote:
As far as being an HT.com reject, that is incorrect to some degree. Did I receive a timeout from HT.com...yes, but I admitted that here so it was wasn't top secret nor did you need to go to your "insider" to obtain that info. You have zero details or knowledge concerning the situation, so i will leave it at that. I do thank you for having enough interest in me to discuss me w/ others outside of this MB though. And to think I thought you thought I was meaningless... Have a nice day!
I was really just yanking your chain about being an HT.com reject. Just a gut feeling that I had when reading your posting style. I did not seek out the information or background check your IP address. Some folks did come to me and confirm it, but not because I asked for it.

My point is that you are welcomed to stay here and become a valued member of the forum. I do not hold grudges and have no personal agenda. I call things like I see it, and when reading this thread, I got a vibe from you that you were unwilling to compromise and started a downward spiral.

It's all good, though. I would not bother to write these words if I thought you were a worthless troll, fwiw. Not that you need or want my validation, but just the same, I take the time to write back out of respect to another member of this forum.