View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013   #177
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans OTAs thread (5/20-21, 23, 28-30, 6/3-6).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Evidently you're missing the point. And I like how you completely ignored my Arian Foster example as well as countless other examples that I shouldn't have to name of better players sitting behind players that started.
We've had this conversation before but...

Arian is a HORRIBLE example.

He, himself, said that he was in a bad place after not being drafted. When he was put on the practice squad, he gave up and stopped really trying because he thought he didn't have a real chance of playing.

Then when he saw a PS player on MNF get called up, he had a talk with Kubiak and he rededicated himself. As the season went on, he learned the playbook and when he was ready, they started giving him some snaps.

Was Arian more talented than Chris Brown and Ryan Moats? Yeah. Was he ready to play? No.

Also, you make it sound like Arian was just put in the last game of the season and that's not what happened. He was activated for the Titans. Then he saw some action against the Seahawks and he didn't look good. Then they put him in against the Rams and what did he do? He fumbled.

THEN he had a good day (97 yards, 1 TD) against the Dolphins and he finished up with a good day against the Patriots.

They worked him in slowly because he wasn't ready. Not because of some bias against rookies.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote