View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013   #170
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 138918 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans OTAs thread (5/20-21, 23, 28-30, 6/3-6).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Now, I know Earl has played some, but he hasn't been the man at the position before. The fact that he wasn't given a chance to start ahead of Cody is hardly evidence that he's not a better player or won't become a better player now that he will get more snaps.

And if you're going to look at the coaches actions as evidence, who exactly is your starting NT right now? Cody was not brought back and no one else of significance was added. They didn't draft one high in the draft. Didn't sign any Free agents.
The bolded is pretty good evidence that he wasn't a better player LAST year than Cody. As for the rest, I'm certain Mitchell IS the current starter, but that doesn't mean he's improved appreciably yet. The fact that they didn't sign an NT or pick up a good veteran one in free agency is proof only that the Texans had other higher priorities.

I think you're equating roster / contract moves with who gets to start on your final 53. They aren't remotely similar. Do we really think the RT rotation last year was more effective without Winston?