View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013   #150
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans OTAs thread (5/20-21, 23, 28-30, 6/3-6).

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post
And therein lays the rub, Doc. Iím not exactly seeing your weight correlation, but I am seeing a list of quite effective penetrating NTs, which Mitchell is certainly not. I believe Mitchell has shown more than Cody that if you want a guy fleet of foot who can diagnose the run and not get gashed too much, then we probably have that in Mitchell.

If, on the other hand, we want the complete 3-4 NT who can both play the run and get to the QB on a consistent basis, then we probably do not have him on roster (unless itís Chris Jones who is known for his one-gap penetrating style Ė but heís even more unproven than Mitchell).

Iím enthusiastic that Mitchell will do a better job than Mr. Funny Man. Iím enthusiastic that Mitchell can do his job and anchor the fort without us getting killed up the middle (time will tell).

Is Wade really cutting against his own grain, though? Or is he simply playing with the hand dealt him? Remember, Mitchell was a product of the olí Frank Bush/Rick Smith brain trust. So, where do these one-gap penetrating NTs come from? The 7th round like Ratliff? The 4th round like Atkins (a 4-3 guy), or the 6th round like Jones?

Or like, * gasp * the Bleacher Report says about Chris Jones: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...t-with-houston
Cody was below average and yet Mitchell never could beat him out. That should tell you all you need to know. I foresee Mitchell taking Walters place as the new Texans fans whipping boy. I hope I'm wrong and he light it up but I just don't see it.