View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013   #148
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 30419 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans OTAs thread (5/20-21, 23, 28-30, 6/3-6).

And therein lays the rub, Doc. I’m not exactly seeing your weight correlation, but I am seeing a list of quite effective penetrating NTs, which Mitchell is certainly not. I believe Mitchell has shown more than Cody that if you want a guy fleet of foot who can diagnose the run and not get gashed too much, then we probably have that in Mitchell.

If, on the other hand, we want the complete 3-4 NT who can both play the run and get to the QB on a consistent basis, then we probably do not have him on roster (unless it’s Chris Jones who is known for his one-gap penetrating style – but he’s even more unproven than Mitchell).

I’m enthusiastic that Mitchell will do a better job than Mr. Funny Man. I’m enthusiastic that Mitchell can do his job and anchor the fort without us getting killed up the middle (time will tell).

Is Wade really cutting against his own grain, though? Or is he simply playing with the hand dealt him? Remember, Mitchell was a product of the ol’ Frank Bush/Rick Smith brain trust. So, where do these one-gap penetrating NTs come from? The 7th round like Ratliff? The 4th round like Atkins (a 4-3 guy), or the 6th round like Jones?

Or like, * gasp * the Bleacher Report says about Chris Jones: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...t-with-houston
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote