View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013   #126
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Texans OTAs thread (5/20-21, 23, 28-30, 6/3-6).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
(on what he has seen from WR Keshawn Martin) ďItís automatic for him now. All his talent has taken over because he doesnít have to work so hard at the little things; assignment, those type of things. He just comes out here and plays. Very confident young man and it shows. It shows every day.Ē

(on what heís seen specifically from WR Keshawn Martin that has changed) ďThese three days have been very impressive to me. I just see a guy that, year two, nothingís hard for him anymore. He understands everything thatís going on so he just comes out here and works and gets better every day. Me sitting (WR) Andre (Johnson) every other day makes him a starter, too, from that standpoint. Iím really excited about what Iíve seen these past three days.Ē

(on if drafting a wide receiver in the first round may have lit a fire under some of the younger receivers) ďIím sure. Youíre (WR) Lestar (Jean) and (WR) Keshawn (Martin) and youíve been working all last year and we draft a one and he goes in the huddle with the first group. Thatíll get you going. But I donít think in this case thatís whatís happened with them. I think that theyíve been workers the whole time. I think they see opportunity. I think thatís what they see and when guys get opportunities you usually find out what they have.Ē
I'm really liking what I'm hearing about Keyshawn. There was a lot of talk about him last year all through camp & we got to see some of what they were talking about when the season started.

If he's progressing, builds on what he did last year & gaining the trust of Kubiak & Schaub.... that's a good thing. That's a real good thing.