View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013   #112
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2407 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans OTAs thread (5/20-21, 23, 28-30, 6/3-6).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW H-TOWN View Post
Please keep an eye on Sharpton. His mobility is really good news. I hope he impresses when training camp comes around because at this point I am not too excited at the thought of having Montgomery or Williams being our day one starter. Unless we sign somebody it seems to me our best case scenario would be to have a Reed/Cushing/Sharpton/Mercilus LB Core. Hope Sharpton can stay healthy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Why?

We've already seen that last year. Reed & Whitney on the ends isn't going to get us the pass rush we need. We need to get better.

I don't know that Montgomery or Williams is the answer, but I'm not "worried" about them starting. If Wade thinks it's worth a shot..... go for it. Can't get a whole lot worse.
Mercilus was a 1st round draft pick who had 6 sacks in a limited role, limited role. The Texans will be looking for him to have 10+ sacks as a full time starter. Reed did not have a great year last year and very well might be a better ILB than OLB but you can rest assured that the Texans did not draft Montgomery (3rd round) or Williams (4th round) thinking..."We got our day one starter at the other OLB position." You would have a rookie and a second year player at the OLB positions. At the very most they are hoping with very little confidence, but not counting on having either one of those rookies starting. This is not DeAndre Hopkins we are talking about. There might be a lot of talk about Reed moving inside but that is not the best case scenario given our current personnel.

Last edited by SW H-TOWN; 05-23-2013 at 04:12 PM.
SW H-TOWN is offline   Reply With Quote