View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013   #105
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans OTAs thread (5/20-21, 23, 28-30, 6/3-6).

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Since it's voluntary, he might have decided to stay home and rehab on his own rather than coming in for it.

EDIT: And he might not have told the team he was going to do that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Can't really answer that question at this time any better than The Pencil Neck. Just offering a viable explanation for why he isn't present. With Kubiak's short cryptic response of "It's voluntary," I think that it's just as likely Kubiak may know more than he is revealing.........and he is not very happy.
Obviously, anything's possible, but in terms of speculating, I just don't see there's any sort of benefit to Dobbins or to the Texans for handling it that way.

The thing that's the strangest to me is that Dobbins signed a new contract in April. In addition to decreasing (IMO) the likelihood that Dobbins injury was all that "serious" (if it was, they would likely have waited to sign him), it also means he shouldn't really have any problems with his contract (or at least none that he would expect to change by not showing up to OTAs).

Maybe we'll ultimately find out - or maybe not.