View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013   #103
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 24667 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans OTAs thread (5/20-21, 23, 28-30, 6/3-6).

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Why?

We've already seen that last year. Reed & Whitney on the ends isn't going to get us the pass rush we need. We need to get better.

I don't know that Montgomery or Williams is the answer, but I'm not "worried" about them starting. If Wade thinks it's worth a shot..... go for it. Can't get a whole lot worse.
Completely agree. I hear folks talk about experience but when have we had much experience on the outside anyway? Third year in this system so none of our guys have a ton. Ironically, Barwin and Reed did better when they didn't have any experience as 3-4 OLB's. Go figure. Experience means nothing if you can't produce and right now I'm not overly anxious to see Reed outside again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
My guess is that this is what the Texans brass hopes happens.
I doubt it. They invested two picks in OLB this year, Merci last year and Braman on roster. That right there is four guys not going anywhere. That means they already have a heavy investment in the position moreso than ILB where they made no moves. What they want is Montgomery or Williams to establish themselves because they become much more flexible if Reed slides inside giving them more balance. Plus it makes those two picks wasted and personnel folks can't stand that.

And while Sharpton is an 'okay' player he isn't very solid or that good. He's a good rotational guy but barely different than Dobbins (if at all). Might as well what Dobbins starting. I think Reed can give more at the spot but nothing to base that on really. Not to forget that a large gust of wind may break Sharpton in half *knocks on wood*
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote