View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013   #64
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans OTAs thread (5/20-21, 23, 28-30, 6/3-6).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
I can see Quess becoming a solid "B" graded player over time. Williams better put a wiggle in it. My one question on him was how hard he's driven. I get the impression he showed up in rookie shape, not NFL shape. With a knee, that all may push him to the last third of the season before he contributes meaningfully.
Eh. I thought Williams looked in decent shape. Big, big body.

So I wouldn't read too much into it.

But dudes get injured. And the whole can't make the club from the tub stuff is harsh but true.

So practice moves on. And other guys get more reps. It's early though to be making predictions, but once a guy is on the roster, you pretty much have to ignore where they were drafted because it is a battle royale. Drafted guys have a leg up because of contract, and that it is harder to stash on p-squad, but rookies have to practice and learn. Coaches don't know what they can do.