View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013   #62
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2407 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 4th round Trevardo Williams De/OLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I don't know if it's so much about "technique" & pass-rush "moves"

When I look at CMIII, Bloodline, I don't think "moves" or "technique"

I think more jeet kune do. Form without form. He maintains ball awareness, then he's got the burst & quickness to get to the ball.
You are right, when he identifies the run he maintains good awareness and does a good job of shedding the lineman and getting in on the tackle. That is why I think he has more strength that a lot of the scouting reports suggest.

The problem is that he does the same thing in thing after his initial outside or inside speed rush is negated due to his lack of countermoves. On his tape he will juke the OL some of the time, not much, when he realizes his initial move is beat but that will not work at the pro level if it is not combined with proper hand usage. He does maintain awareness after his initial speed move is negated but needs to develop more pass rush moves and better hand usage (bad coaching). I believe he will with some good coaching, and when he does he could be really good because the talent is there in spades.

Watch 4:32 to 4:52 in this video. It is of the less talented Travis Long who has some pass rush moves. Too bad he is not very athletic. If Williams had displayed these moves on tape he would not have lasted until the 4th round. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVtju56nqzE

Personally I think he will be a holy terror once he has a better pass rush repertoire.

Last edited by SW H-TOWN; 05-22-2013 at 07:37 AM. Reason: FORGOT TO PUT IN WEB LINK
SW H-TOWN is offline   Reply With Quote