View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013   #47
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans OTAs thread (5/20-21, 23, 28-30, 6/3-6).

OK, I asked two questions specifically for y'all today. From the Kubiak transcripts:

(on speculation that S Ed Reed might miss the first week of the regular season) “I don’t go off speculation. We know what we know. He had the surgery. Everything went well. He went through the process of staying in Colorado which was part of the deal, part of the rehab process. Now, he’s supposed to be turned loose this week. Everything that we know is on schedule and our expectations are to look at camp at some point and be ready to go at the opening of the season. Other than that, I can’t comment on that.”

(on OLB Bryan Braman) “It’s been good. Obviously, he’s getting a chance to work with the starters right now. Usually when guys get put in those positions because of Brooks (Reed) moving or whatever, it’ doesn’t matter, but when guys get put in those situations, you’ll see them flourish and take off. It’s interesting to watch him right now. He was good yesterday and I’ll go back and watch him today. Here’s an opportunity to say, ‘Brian, can you start? Can you be a starter in this league?’ So we’re going to give him a chance throughout OTAs to see how far he can come.”

The second question was actually, "How is Bryan Braman's progress so far?"

Pretty much got the answer I thought I was going to get with the second question. Which isn't much.

On the first question, he answered more than I thought because usually he defers on injury stuff. But I figured that since a lot of the talk last week was the speculation that he would be gone week 1 of the season, figured I should give him a chance to say something.