View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013   #6
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Anyone making the trip to KC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate4l1f3 View Post
o ok cool, I'm not really on facebook but i will check it out, thanks!!

We're in our mid 20's and planned on maybe hitting some bars/clubs, besides the game itself how is the night life?
My group is about the same. Depending on where in KC you're staying (KCK vs KCMO) I can offer you different suggestions. If you're looking for clubs and dancing, you'll want to stick to Power & Light which is right downtown, across from the Spring Center. You can move a bit South and hit the Westport district and still get some really hopping bars but the crowd is less dressed up. If you hit P&L, you're looking your best and not looking to come home alone. Still easy enough in Westport but those are the main two our age group hits primarily. After that, you can keep going south to Brookside and further South to Waldo. Those are more relaxed bars that tend to be early 30 crowd. Still fun, you just have to know what you're walking into. If you stay in KCK, One Block South is a fun district but it's pretty isolated.

My best advice is to stay in a hotel downtown or in the Westport area. Don't go North of the river. P&L, make sure you look nice and bring more cash than you think you need.

The BBQ is pretty good here, but it's not better than home. KC is primarily pulled pork. The sauces are what they're known for up here. You shouldn't really mess with the brisket or smoked sausage as the people up here just don't know how to cook them. My favorite place is Jack Stack followed by Oklahoma Joes. If you do the original OkJoes, call ahead or wait up to an hour. The z-man at OkJoes is the most popular and their burnt ends are good too.

Anything else and I'll do my best to check this thread and answer questions.