View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013   #91
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Superbowl in houston has failed

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
The "big knock" continues to be the distance of Reliant from enough hotels, restaurants, etc. and our lack of viable mass transit.

I've spent enought time in D.C., NYC, London, etc. to appreciate the point-of-view.
Yup!

The last SB in Houston was very well done and I had the week off work and treated it like adult spring break. Good time. But everyone from Bill Simmons to mom and pop media outlets couldn't stand the set up because they were put up in hotels out West on 59 or I10 and then had to make their way to George R for media sessions. That was the bad rap. Considering that the SB is a time for the NFL to glad hand with celebs and the like its tough when Diddys party is 30 minutes away out off 10 and someone else has the Maxxim event 20 miles back. I couldn't give a rats tail but I'm just stating the issue. I'm sure in 4 years it will be worked out to some extent but proximity to events is the one negative. Congrats