View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013   #89
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2nd round DJ Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
He can be overly aggressive and this shows up in a lot of ways. He picks up a lot of penalties because of that. He'll also go for the big hit instead of wrapping up sometimes. He'll be over-aggressive against the run and sometimes blow coverage assignments.

There were worries that he didn't have the range to be a good safety in coverage.

And then there are the worries about his height.

Late 2nd round was about where he was expected to go.
His aggressiveness reminds me of linebacker Vontaze Burfict who had 16 personal fouls thru his junior year. Considered a 2011 first rounder, he went undrafted 2012 after leaving school early. Became starter in third week for Bengals getting 127 tackles team high.

While Burfict did fail marijuana test at combine, his on field skills were crazy good but was a penalty flag waiting to happen. I am not concerned about GRR! at all.