View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013   #96
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub is the Rodney Dangerfield Of QBs He Gets No Respect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
I don't think I've missed the point because I believe I have already stated that the Texans aren't in the same place because they are invested in Schaub & obviously have not given up on him based in their actions or lack thereof. I also stated earlier that I believe Schaub deserves the opportunity at redemption & expected it because it was roughly a hand full of games that he played poorly in. Hardly definitive sampling of nothing but poor play should he expected from him from here on out. My point was that IF the Texans did have major concerns then they have had options that they could've explored. There have been some successful alternatives other teams have drafted, so assuming Schaub is & was the the only successful option seems to be false, but as I've said before I did not expect the Texans to make a move at QB after 1 stint of poor play. Time will tell if a move will be needed in the near future. I personally don't know because I can't see the future as it seems other members on here can.

Smith was garbage before Harbaugh & after Harbaugh was average at best. Nothing more then a game manager. Assuming that Kaepernick wouldn't have had an opportunity to unseat him in the future w/out injury seems a bit silly.

Wilson took over in the preseason & drafting him in the 3rd round means somebody thought he had potential. You don't waste a 3rd rd pick on a player you believe is nothing more then a camp body imo. Did they luck out...possibly, but they took the risk & they seemed to have done well.
Hindsight is a helluva thing.

Harbaugh drafted Kap and brought in Scott Tolzien in the same year, 2010 i believe. he did this with Smith still on the roster. I think it's safe to say that Harbaugh was not going to let Smith get him fired & was fishing for anyone to eventually replace Smith... This isn't uncommon for new HC's to do b/c they want "their" guy.

Wilson on the other hand was different. He only fell b/c of his height..By all accounts he impressed the hell out of every coach and scout in the interview process and i speculate that if he ends up on any number of teams he's likely in the same position he is now. I'm only calling it mostly luck on Carroll's part b/c they'd just gave Flynn 30 million to come over. You don't make that move without thinking he's likely your starter. Also, if you look league wide, most players drafted in the 3rd aren't expected to become starters right away....let alone undersized qbs.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote