View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013   #85
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub is the Rodney Dangerfield Of QBs He Gets No Respect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I dunno about "doing next to nothing".
My memory might be faulty, but I don't ever recall having FIVE QBs on the payroll before. Do you? Even when Schaub, Sexy Rexy, and HotTub Boy were all here, we didn't have five QBs on the payroll did we?

So just perhaps Smithiak is (are?) actively searching for something. So, despite the positive coachspeak, 5 QBs on the payroll says, to me, they aren't totally happy with Schaub, Yates, or Keenum and are looking to, at a minimum, "push" one or two of them. Perhaps even replace one of them.

Edit: I guess you could point to the year Schaub got hurt. We had him, Leinart, Yates, Jake D. and whatshisname (with the hot wife) all on the payroll. But two of those guys were completely out of commission so that example doesn't truly play into this discussion.

I think Smithiak is (are?) lookiing for a Schaub successor. Obviously not as aggressively as some fans would like, but I think they are.
In all honesty, I don't expect the Texans to be looking for a replacement aggressively based on roughly a little bit more then a hand full of games. Schaub has shown the skills to carry this team in the past & I can't see kubiak giving up on him that quickly. It's not in kubiaks's nature as he is normality a year or 2 late on making necessary moves & even then some come w/ some pushing from an outside source. I fully expect Schaub to be the QB this season & potentially next season, but the recent influx of players at the QB position doesn't seem to of anything of real quality that could potentially push Schaub imo. Until they actually sign a player that has actually displayed some starter quality potential, then they are just going through the motions to put bodies in place & give off the impression that they are doing something about the matter imo. Very similar to what has been going on at the WR position for a few years now.

Schaub deserves a shot at redemption, but I do believe its a situation that should be monitored & addressed seriously if it starts going south. Other teams have addressed the same position w/ actual potential after having an established starter & in the end it has worked out to some of their advantage.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote