View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013   #83
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 214275 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub is the Rodney Dangerfield Of QBs He Gets No Respect!

I dunno about "doing next to nothing".
My memory might be faulty, but I don't ever recall having FIVE QBs on the payroll before. Do you? Even when Schaub, Sexy Rexy, and HotTub Boy were all here, we didn't have five QBs on the payroll did we?

So just perhaps Smithiak is (are?) actively searching for something. So, despite the positive coachspeak, 5 QBs on the payroll says, to me, they aren't totally happy with Schaub, Yates, or Keenum and are looking to, at a minimum, "push" one or two of them. Perhaps even replace one of them.

Edit: I guess you could point to the year Schaub got hurt. We had him, Leinart, Yates, Jake D. and whatshisname (with the hot wife) all on the payroll. But two of those guys were completely out of commission so that example doesn't truly play into this discussion.

I think Smithiak is (are?) lookiing for a Schaub successor. Obviously not as aggressively as some fans would like, but I think they are.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote