View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013   #6
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: FantasyFirstRoundStrategy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I could definitely do better in this department. I tend to hold on to guys too long, expecting them to break out later in the season. I used to always draft Frank Gore... never rewarded. Now, he's a steady producer & I can't get him if my life depended on it.

I also tend to pick up a guy who looks like he's about to flash..... then he putters away into anonymity.
Yeah, I do too. BUT... I've usually found one or two guys to carry my team. I picked Schaub in '09 and everyone looked at me crazy. That was one of his banner years. The next year, in 2010, I picked Arian Foster in the 3rd round. Again, I got crazy looks because everyone figured he should have been a 5th/6rd backup RB at best. He led the league in rushing. In 2011, Drew Brees carried me.

My downfall this past season was having too many Texans (yes, I'm that much of a homer) on my team. Last year I had Schaub, O.D., K.W., and A.J. (Foster went #2 overall). So my team sucked.

What do you guys think about drafting WRs vs. RBs??
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote