View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013   #6
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 132643 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cushing's health

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
I think, in general, the NFL culture, when it comes to injuries, is to be a cowboy, rub some dirt on it, and keep playing. Do you remember how much grief Cutler caught when he pulled himself out of a playoff game two years ago because of an injury? A legitimate injury.

I think every team's medical staff modifies their decisions to some degree based on what the coaches want them to do. They work for the team, and the players' health is secondary, whether they will admit it or not. Given those parameters, I have no basis to believe that the Texans med staff is any better or worse than any other NFL team. Look at the nightmare Gronk is going through. Or the way the Manning situation was handled in Indy. I don't know how much NFL doctors are paid, but I would imagine that working for yourself, or working for a major hospital is more appealing than working for a business where your decisions can't be entirely independent. So, given that, you probably can't attract the best of the best to begin with.

I guess some of us have a better memory than others..........or at least a less selective one..........

CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote