View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013   #22
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 52212 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak: Collin Klein will get a chance at QB @ rookie minicamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
When I read BLs comments I was thinking we still have to see if Keenum or McGee makes the 53.

I doubt we'll keep 4 QBs, so the only question is whether Kubiak feels good enough about Keenum/McGee to carry three on the 53 man roster. If not, then Keenum will have to pass waivers.

If Keenum shows up in the preseason like he's being built up to, chances are slim that he'll make it to the practice squad.

However, if he decides neither are good enough for the 53 I'm sure we'll reach out to Klien to go on the PS.

OT: If Kubiak decides not sign Keenum to the 53 & he makes it to the PS again, then we'll just have to come to terms with the fact that he is not the guy we want him to be.
Very good, this is worth a response. Who's to preclude Texans from trading TJ if in fact Keenum impresses? I like Case, he fits in here, same cannot be said for TJ if it were one would think he would have received more reps, very disturbing am I right? Anyway Klein has vast potential. If I were an NFL guy he is worth some more development. The progress in rookie mini-camp was said to be impressive. His College record speaks for itself. Who is to say Kubiak who has developed Schaub to his limitations & aspiring Case cannot take a diamond in the rough like Colin & mold him into a better system QB than Cam Newton? They're about the same size. Similar skill set coming out of College yet Cam went #1 overall & made millions all Klein is just looking for an opportunity.

BL

My money would be on Chip Kelly to sign Klein, but give Kubiak credit for giving him opening gig. As a footnote I suppose? Just love his pocket security awareness, something golden in NFL.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote