View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013   #59
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Schaub is the Rodney Dangerfield Of QBs He Gets No Respect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
I agree he isn't old, but sometimes QB's just lose it. Culpepper completely fell off the map shortly after being one of the leading passers. Rivers is struggling like no other despite his age. McNabb went from being a #1 QB to out of the NFL in a few short years. It can happen & is exactly the reason why I said that time will tell.

I hope its just a slump for the sake of the Texans, but he finished very poorly
Culpepper was never the same after the knee. He wasn't much of a scrambler before that, but in a pinch, he'd pick up 10 yards if needed. That part of his game was taken away from him & he became more of a statue, with less talented players around him. No more Moss, no more CC, no more Robert Smith.

McNabb couldn't stay healthy, then after leaving Philly & Andy Ried's system, he struggled to learn new things (I've always said his problem was instead of developing his QB, Ried developed a system around his QB).

Rivers, the team around him has steadily got worse & worse.

I don't think Schaub is elite, but in this system he can look like it. I think TPN is most right about Newton's injury being the biggest reason our offense took a nose dive in December & January. It's not that Newton is that much better than Harris, it's that Newton is more consistent.

Kubiak/Schaub can plan around consistency & that's what makes our offence tick. Myers wouldn't be starting for any other team, I'm surprised Briesel is. But together they can give Kubiak/Schaub something they can consistently work with.

KDub was consistent, we kept him instead of Jacoby, even though Jacoby was the better play-maker. & that's the thing Hopkins has to provide if he's going to truly be a part of our offense in 2013.

I don't think Schaub's foot is a "big" problem for us. There hasn't been one word about helping Matt deal with an injury, or even playing better later in the year (not one word from the Texans, got a lot from us on tt.com). Bringing in Stephen McGee & Colin Klein are the only measures we've taken to improve the QB position.

Next year, I think Schaub is going to look elite again