View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013   #54
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub is the Rodney Dangerfield Of QBs He Gets No Respect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Really. is that that much difference between Newton and Ryan Harris? I'm not sure if Harris isn't a better pass protector. And it's not as if the Texans were facing formidable pass defenses at the end of the season. Indy (21st), Minnesota (24th), and New England (29th) should not have given the Texans pass offense as much trouble as they did.
Up to the point Newton went down (using a rotation of Newton and Harris), we were averaging a little less than 1.4 sacks per game.

Newton went down and didn't play in the Titan game (0 sacks), the First New England Debacle (2 sacks), the Colts (3 sacks). Then he came back and started trying to play through the injury and we jump up to 4 sacks against the Vikings and the Colts.

In the playoffs, our sack totals went back down but I believe that Newton coming back in for those last two games and trying to play went a long way to keeping us from winning AND to getting Schaub rattled and possibly re-injured. I don't think Schaub was totally healthy those last few games.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote