View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013   #52
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub is the Rodney Dangerfield Of QBs He Gets No Respect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I think that Newton trying to play through an injury had a lot to do with this. Schaub starting getting hit a lot more and he stopped trusting that he'd have time to throw.

32 years old isn't that old for a quarterback. Lots of guys continue to produce past that point and some guys even get better as they get into their mid-30's.

If we can upgrade our line and the depth of the line, I think Schaub will do better.
I agree he isn't old, but sometimes QB's just lose it. Culpepper completely fell off the map shortly after being one of the leading passers. Rivers is struggling like no other despite his age. McNabb went from being a #1 QB to out of the NFL in a few short years. It can happen & is exactly the reason why I said that time will tell.

I hope its just a slump for the sake of the Texans, but he finished very poorly & didn't show much improvement until the Pats laid off & gave up easy yardage to close out the playoff game. Hopefully the o-line will show improvement & w/ the addition of Hopkins Schaub will have tools around him to succeed. In my mind this essentially erases all the excuses & puts the success & failures of the offense on Schaub & his performances alone. They go as he goes.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote