View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013   #34
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub is the Rodney Dangerfield Of QBs He Gets No Respect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I don't understand how you can say that a guy who throws as many interceptions and has as bad accuracy as Josh Freeman does is close to Matt Schaub in performance but that's not really close to true unless you are speaking strictly of yardage. And if we're just going to go by numbers, then you can't really say that Josh Freeman's arm is that much stronger than Schaub's since Schaub has had more yards per completion every year that he and Freeman have been starting QB's.

I get it that a lot of people think that Schaub is broken down and hardly better than Blaine Gabbert (Which is cringe-worthy to read on TT, I mean really), but that's not really the case. The guy has done plenty enough while here in Houston for me to be able to say that I believe he can bounce back in 2013 and have a better year than he did in 2012 (you know, the year after he lisfranc'd his foot).

off-season rankings are pretty silly though and are only made to fuel arguments on messageboards.
i am not some lazy Schuab hater, but he is an okay but limited NFl QB. As he has played for the first 3 or so year of his career Freeman has the same bottom line, but with different strengths and weaknesses than Schuab. Freeman having more arm strength and more mobilty is known not speculation.

I am pretty much convinced (obvious no way to prove) that if you switched those two guys in 2012 that Tampa would have just been out of the playoffs and the Texans would have beat Bengals and lost to the Pats. I don't care that Freeman would have thrown more int or Schaub might have had a higher completion percentage. things would have looked a little different, but neither one in 2012 was clearly better. And yes if I have my choice give the younger average guy over the older average guy, day in and day out.