Originally Posted by ChampionTexan
I'll ask this as simply as I can.
We currently have 51 players who's total salary leaves us $3.464 Million under the cap. You've suggested getting rid of 6 players making $3.16M and replacing them with Bishop at an even $3M. This leaves us $3.624M under the cap, but that number only reflects 46 players (51-6+1).
Because the league will now count the next highest 5 paid players (and the minimum salary is $375k), please explain how that $3.624 Million isn't reduced by at least $1.875M ($375k x 5) to $1.794M.
Would you agree that Bishop cancels out Clutts as one of the 51?
1. Sharpton's $674K should be more than cancelled by Hopkins.
2. Our second round pick should equal Gardner's $650k as Posey (3rd round) was $561K in 2012. Then add slight increase for new year.
3. Our third round should equal McGee's $630 as Brooks (3rd round) in 2012 was $545K then add slight increase for new year.
4. Rashon Harris $480K is more than equaled by our 4th rounder as Ben Jones cap for 2012 was $510K then add slight increase for new year adjustment.
5. Mondek $405 K is replaced by our 5th rounder as Bullock's cap for 2012 was $434K. Then add slight increase for new year.
All of these will be over the minimum.