View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013   #26
chenjy9
Veteran

Rep Power: 4756 chenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub is the Rodney Dangerfield Of QBs He Gets No Respect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Well, if Schaub had checked down to Foster instead of trying to throw the ball to Walter, he might have had a TD instead of an INT against the Pats.
We can talk about exceptions all day, but I still feel like he constantly looks to check down or throw it out instead of looking downfield for a better play. The good QB's constantly look downfield for developing options before resorting to a poor check down or throwing it out if there really is no other alternative. I feel, especially near the end of the season, that as soon as he is forced out of the pocket and scrambles, he immediately looks to the check down/throw away as a higher priority option. To me personally, that is simply unacceptable. I understand he is not mobile and has less time, but at least scan downfield and see if you can get a home run out of the breakdown! It just seems like Schaub rushes those poor decisions way too fast, like that pass to Foster where he threw it way too early instead of letting Foster beat his man, which he most definitely would have. Schaub is just not a reliable QB in my eyes. Sure we can win with him, but it will be in spite of him and not because of him.
chenjy9 is offline   Reply With Quote