View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013   #25
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub is the Rodney Dangerfield Of QBs He Gets No Respect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
Freeman is 6 years younger with a stronger arm and at least some mobility. In overall performance, they are closer than not, but Freeman has a better chance of improving than Schuab. In short we probably know what Schuab is, but we don't know what other mediocore guys like Bradford, Tannehill and Freeman will become. They are 'better" for that reason alone.
I don't understand how you can say that a guy who throws as many interceptions and has as bad accuracy as Josh Freeman does is close to Matt Schaub in performance but that's not really close to true unless you are speaking strictly of yardage. And if we're just going to go by numbers, then you can't really say that Josh Freeman's arm is that much stronger than Schaub's since Schaub has had more yards per completion every year that he and Freeman have been starting QB's.

I get it that a lot of people think that Schaub is broken down and hardly better than Blaine Gabbert (Which is cringe-worthy to read on TT, I mean really), but that's not really the case. The guy has done plenty enough while here in Houston for me to be able to say that I believe he can bounce back in 2013 and have a better year than he did in 2012 (you know, the year after he lisfranc'd his foot).

off-season rankings are pretty silly though and are only made to fuel arguments on messageboards.