View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013   #12
Cerberus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 100585 Cerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: OAK OT Veldheer Bulks up to the Extreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
If you guys click on the link and see what he looked like before, you can't help bit think of roids. How can someone change so much in one off season, regardless of how much work they put in.
Quote:
Of course people screamed “steroids” but is 6’8 325-330lbs THAT big? Jared gained 15lbs in the last 3 years and he trains his ass off (read on). Why is it always the lazy skinny guys sitting in their mom’s basement with a shake weight screaming “steroids” when they see someone who obviously put in work day after day? Someone said he’s on steroids because his head is so small. I don’t know if that’s a real side effect or not but I’ve known Jared for a while and his noggin is massive! (No offense big guy). We all got a chuckle out of that ignorant comment.
I thought the shake-weight comment was pretty funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I know OT's don't have the be the fastest players on the field, but they have to have some agility. Wouldn't bulking up that much slow him down quite a bit?
Quote:
Being big doesn’t necessarily mean you lose speed and power. Increasing muscle cross-sectional area (building more muscle) provides a larger base on which to build strength, speed and power- if that’s the purpose of your program. In our case this is exactly our purpose because NFL linemen need to have enough muscle to be strong, powerful, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Fat cells are easily turned to muscle ....
Quote:
You can’t literally “turn fat into muscle”. They are two separate types of tissues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Kinda what i thought too...plus he's standing next to "normal" sized guys so that makes him look like a giant.
Quote:
In this picture, from left to right- Jared is 6’8 330lbs, I’m 5’11 234lbs, Cam White is 6’2 249lbs, and Jesse Peterson is 6’4 304lbs – pretty above average guys he’s standing next to if you ask me.
It is almost as if Mark Ehnis (the trainer) had read this forum with the way he started off the article by shooting down negative statements that were made on this board (as well as other places I'm sure).

Here is the entire article, including some video from his work-out.

http://powerstrengthpro.com/hulkarai...eldheer-story/

And yes Corrosion, I saw the smilie.