View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013   #41
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 178253 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: June cuts Texans interested in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
And the minimum cost of those 6 replacements (assuming rookie minimum salaries with no bonuses) is $2,250,000 meaning you've saved less than $1 million. Ignoring the wisdom (or lack thereof) of letting those particular guys go, I don't believe the $910,000 of net cap room you've generated is enough to bring in Bishop.
No additional cost as replaced by players already on team.

Sharpton (.5m), Clutts (.5m), McGee (.63m), Mondek (.4m), Rashon Harris (.48m), Gardner (.65m) =$3.16m

Cut Clutts replaced by Greg Jones
McGee replaced by no one as only MS & Yates on final roster.
Mondek replaced by draft pick Q
Harris replaced by draft pick Chris Jones
Gardner replaced by draft pick B. Williams

There is cap money alloted for draft picks & these cuts would allow Bishop to replace Sharpton.