View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013   #23
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Breaking Down the Houston Texans’ 2010 Draft Picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Reality does not equal potential. Graham didn't do jack in his first two years, so those count as zeros. I don't know what else to tell you, he showed potential this season, but that doesn't bring up the average all that much over the last 3 seasons. If you want to get into handicapping all the Texans picks due to lack of playing time or injuries incurred, then you would have to do the same for all the other teams.
You're right. If we're grading the draft & comparing ours to other teams.. yeah, you can only score actual production.

However, I'm not going to say he was a bad pick. We lost Casey & we lost Dressen, I have no doubt we'll be fine, going forward with Graham. & that's what it's all about. The Texans building a highly competitive team.

When I look at a 4th rounder, I don't expect a whole lot in years 1 & 2. And though his catches, yards, & TDs weren't stellar, he was very productive in the run game. As a TE you've got to take that into account.