View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013   #37
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: June cuts Texans interested in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I think what Steelb meant is that if we need to pay for a guy like Bishop, he would be OK with letting Dobbins go for any saving at all to keep the team under the cap.

Personally, I think I would part with Sharpton first (even though I like him), 'cause it's difficult to project injury.
And my point is that unless you're willing to go with one fewer ILB's on the roster, the only way there's any savings is if he's replaced by rookie or 1 year player who can be signed for the minimum with no bonus. Considering the only ILB's we currently have on the roster who have ever played in a RS NFL game are Cushing, Dobbins, and Sharpton, and two of those guys are making the veteran minimum, it just seems like it would be better/easier to find another way to generate that $150,000 (at most) savings.

Note: obviously for this purpose I was ignoring the possiblity of Reed (or anyone else) moving to ILB, although that's also a possibility.