View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013   #19
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 6th round Ryan Griffin TE Uconn

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Can you name any good blocking TEs in the league now?

I can't.
I definitely cannot name them all because I don't pay enough attention to all of them all the time.

But I do compare their blocking with ours in the games the teams face each other.

The guys that I watched more to know for sure are Dreessen, and Garrett Graham.

Then there's a guy named Brandon Myers whom I wanted the Texans to draft over Anthony Hill for the exact reason.
At the time, when I "scouted" him, I mentioned on this board that I haven't enjoyed watching a college TE blocking like that for quite a while.
He wasn't utilized enough in the passing game, but IMO, does possess the ability.
He became a starter and recently signed a nice contract with the Giants.

Graham wasn't as good a blocker at Wisconsin, but he was pretty good.
In fact, his production was hindered because he was asked to block;
the other TEs just couldn't get the job done (if I remember correctly, Lance Kendrick was one of them who got drafted a year later.)

Toilolo (Stanford), for example, is a guy I think can bring good value due to his blocking skill to the pros (along with his underrated catching ability).

I have a few names in the pro, but I hesitate to name, because I don't watch them enough to confirm.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote