View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013   #19
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Figuring Out Sonic Sam Montgomery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
The late off the snap stuff is actually kind of encouraging to me.

That's something that can be fixed.

I like the fact that he's often late off the ball, but the first one to beat his man. I can't wait to see him on the field. I think he's going to be hell on the edge.

One thing I do want to see him work on though is runs towards him. It's fine that he's not allowing much movement by the OLinemen he's engaged with, but he needs to get much better at coming off the block to make the play.

That's something that Brooks Reed is pretty damn good at.
Exactly!
For whatever reason, the Tigers wanted him to key off the Olineman's movement in most instances.
If the Texans want him to key off the ball, he will.

May take a while for him to develop some moves though.

At times, it seems to me that the Tigers wanted him to set the edge first (on run play toward him). I'm not really sure about that, but it does seem like it.
76Texan is online now   Reply With Quote