View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: ProFootballFocus' Top 101 Players in the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Well... he didn't play well enough to get to the postseason. His team did. Even with the 4 play-off wins, I don't think he had a better season than Matt Schaub.

& I don't like Matt Schaub.

Flacco was bleh... in the play-offs. Really good in the Super Bowl. Nope, I don't agree with him being the Super Bowl MVP.. Jacoby Jones stole the momentum with his kickoff return for a TD & he scored on that big play... with the underthrown ball. Take those two plays away & SF wins the SuperBowl.

I get that you disagree & that's great. That's what makes discussions interesting. But I'm more "concerned" about that list when Flacco is on it & Matt Schaub isn't.

Hell, I'm more concerned that Dwayne Allen is on the list & Matt Schaub isn't.
We could probably dissect just about every QBs post season games in a team sport. Watch NFL Films on a regular basis and you often see the margins between winning and losing are very slim at that level.

But saying Joe Flacco had "bleh" playoff performance is just out of touch, man.

Zero picks and 11 TDs in four post season wins. Dude had a fantastic post season performance by anyone's standards. It will most likely go down as his best ever. I wish we would see the same from Schaub. We could only be so lucky, y'know?

I'm far from a Flacco fan, but I am a fan of the NFL in general. I love seeing performances like that, even with a team I might dislike. But I have no problem in agreeing to disagree, especially about something so superficially trivial.

I think PFT's list is a lot of bias, both for and against. No Schaub, but Big Ben gets no. 70?? PFT seems to quantify everything with stats and percentages. But, it's their list, so doesn't bother me a bit. Just like I could not care less about Rolling Stone's Top 100 Albums of All Time or Guitar World's 100 Greatest Guitarists, it's all opinion based on some arbitrary set of rules. Take it as the opinions that these lists represent and with a grain of salt.