View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: ProFootballFocus' Top 101 Players in the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I understand all of that. I just disagree.

Regular season is merely a means to an end. That end is getting to the playoffs.

I put a LOT more emphasis on post season performance and outcome than PFT seems to put on it, and I'm cool with the disagreement. I do not share their perspectives on quantifying regular season stats as high as they seem to do.

I guess I should ask where is Matt Schaub since the regular season means so much to them. Dude had his third 4000+ passing season in 2012. Even won a playoff game.

No big deal. It's not my list.
Well... he didn't play well enough to get to the postseason. His team did. Even with the 4 play-off wins, I don't think he had a better season than Matt Schaub.

& I don't like Matt Schaub.

Flacco was bleh... in the play-offs. Really good in the Super Bowl. Nope, I don't agree with him being the Super Bowl MVP.. Jacoby Jones stole the momentum with his kickoff return for a TD & he scored on that big play... with the underthrown ball. Take those two plays away & SF wins the SuperBowl.

I get that you disagree & that's great. That's what makes discussions interesting. But I'm more "concerned" about that list when Flacco is on it & Matt Schaub isn't.

Hell, I'm more concerned that Dwayne Allen is on the list & Matt Schaub isn't.