View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 296677 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Figuring Out Sonic Sam Montgomery

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
A look into our "interesting" rookie.

REST OF THE STORY
I think that was a well written article. I watched the videos as they came up in the story & I have to agree with his analysis. Being late off the snap was a glaring issue. I did not see any quit.

He looks like a slow twitch guy, but he's got a good set of moves & really good recognition & keeping his eyes on the ball. He doesn't appear to be strong enough to engage an NFL tackle like that on every down. He'll have to use those long arms to keep the tackles off of him & beat them with speed & quickness (another flag as I just mentioned he's a slow twitcher). Eric Winston would bowl over him in the run game.

Of course, this is before Wade, Kollar, & Herring gets their hands on him.

Another thing.... just based on these videos, I don't see him as any more of a pass rusher than Brooks Reed. But, I'd rather have that guy out there chasing the QB on broken plays than Brooks. Or even just trying to contain.