View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013   #152
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Draft Grade - Round 3/2 Sam Montgomery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
"Brady hasn't seen this much man in a long time.." - Jon Gruden in the monday night game against NE.
You can't always believe everything you hear. I respect Jon Gruden, but our playing man coverage was not the problem... since we play a hybrid man coverage on most downs anyway. The two guys on the corners, they almost always play man... because they can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
I agree, I just can't see how people think bringing in more edge rushers is going to change much of anything.....Even if Williams and Montgomery are better overall edge rushers it won't mean much if Wade doesn't fundamentally change his approach to these types of offenses / Qbs.
I simply don't believe that. We need to get better at what we do, not fundamentally change what works. & yes, we need better (not more) pass rushers to get their licks in on Brady. If we had two edge rushers that were better than the two we trotted out last season, we wouldn't have to blitz.

That's the fundamental you are refusing to see. Forget that we play a 3-4, when we get into passing situations, it's a 4-3. You won't be seeing Justin Tuck or Jared Allen dropping into coverage as much as you'll see our edge rushers drop into coverage. Those teams will drop a LB & bring in another DB.

We'll lose the NT/LB & add a DB. Again, if you've got Derrell Revis & Antonio Cromartie outside..... you play man. We don't have Revis & Cromartie, but our two are pretty damn good.

Replace Bradie James with Brian Cushing. Replace Quentin Demps with Ed Reed. Shilo Keo with Dj Swearinger. Get an offense that can stay on the field against sub-par defenses in the play-offs, and offense that can score against sub-par defenses & we've made all the fundamental changes we need to.