View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013   #145
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Draft Grade - Round 3/2 Sam Montgomery

The thing is, according to an article I just read, the Texans were best in the league entering week 14 (QBR against) with the blitz.

I think it could be argued both ways as Brady's past records seem to indicate that he's been more successful against the blitz.

I think everybody would prefer not to have to rely on the blitz too much.
In 2012, Wade probably think we didn't have enough good pass rushers, so he chose to go with the blitz more.

The results against the Pats could have been better if the execution of the scheme was better (fewer mis-assignments or late to assignment.)

I could be playing devil advocate here; but I think either approach could work.
The Texans just need consistency in their assignment.

Hopefully, the new guys will add some value to the pass rush.
(Including Ed Reed and Swearinger in the back end).
A healthy JJo and McCain could also help, along with a more experience Harris.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote