View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013   #7
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Figuring Out Sonic Sam Montgomery

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
That's a game reel against Alabama. It's not a highlight reel.

What I thought was interesting is that for a lot of the plays, he was the last guy off the snap... by a large margin. But later in the game, he was getting off the snap pretty good. I'd heard the knock on him that he's late off the ball but... that was odd.

What I do like is that he looked like he was working hard.
That film was without a doubt unimpressive IMO. He was late off the ball quite often & for whatever reason he always seemed to be the furthest off of the ball when lining up. I'm not sure if he thought it helped him set up moves or something creating that much space, but it didnt seem to work as it seems he depends on his bull rush quite often. Too often to be honest. The RB ran by him quite often & he was often swallowed up by 1 blocker & on occasion that blocker was a TE. Outside of his one sack I didn't see much in that film. It doesn't mean he's a bust before ever taking a snap as an NFL player, but it surely didn't erase any doubts either. I'm still skeptical of the pick & that video didn't change my mind much.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote