View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013   #5
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: June cuts Texans interested in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
I don't think it's just me but we NEED to shore up the ILB core. Perhaps just coachspeak as has been pointed out prior about not moving BR inside but something has to be done or we're right back to where we were last season. IMHO
The linebacking corp is the weakest spot on this team imo. We're counting on Cushing to be 100% which is in all likelihood not realistic given the severity of his injury. We don't know who's going to lineup next to him yet. And if it's someone like Sharpton well enjoy watching him get run over or beat in the passing game. Tim Dobbins is a nice backup, but he's just that: a backup and nothing more. The OLB situation is unsettled as well with Whitney Mercilus the only guaranteed starter and even then I'm not sure if he's ready to be a starter yet. Brooks Reed had an uneven year so he's a bit of a question mark too and who knows where he'll line up??? We have a bunch of 3rd and 4th rounders who will get significant playing time at the OLB positions even though they have limited to no experience playing those positions. All in all, it's a pretty worrisome picture for a team that runs the 3-4 defense (or some version of it at least) and it doesn't inspire any hope in me that this team is a legitimate Super Bowl contender.