View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013   #15
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Re. Keenum......"Doubt him at your own risk"....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
This writer was the same guy who wrote this:

Texans will rue the night they took Pizza Boy J.J. Watt over Nick Fairley, Houston lover

Which may be the worst post-draft article ever ever written. Can't say I'm a fan of any of his NFL writing, which is appears to be written to provoke a response. Like this one.

Case Keenum has looked fine in the camp with no pads on and no real pass rush. Not like WOWWEEE hyperbole good though.

Does look better than last year. Which damns with the faintest of praise. Both TJ and Case had rough preseasons.

I can't buy any of the successor talk or the displacing TJ talk. Looks like a hype article.

Yes, I've heard Kubiak really likes Case. But hard to see him as an NFL starter.
"Pizza Man" worked out great for us. But there were many at the time that felt that Farley would have been the better pick. As far as the Peyton article, it wasn't way out there. Luck enthusiasm quickly seemed to supplant the loss of Manning.

As far as Yates and Keenum having had a rough preseason last year. Yates was in his 2nd year (with NFL starter "experience"), and Keenum was the rookie just barely trying to find his way in a new system.

Keenum may or may not happen to make it to starter status in the NFL. We will be a step closer to finding out during this preseason. However, from everything that I've seen thus far, I find it much harder to ever see Yates as a "legitimate" NFL starter. With that said, I sincerely hope that the 2nd and 3rd QB spot is made "open" to competition this year......and not in facade only.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote