View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013   #45
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: McNair: Cushing "ahead of schedule"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
The most cited NFL ACL arthroscopic repair study analyzed the data for 31 RBs and WRs with 33 ACL injuries. Of the injured players, 21% (7 of 33 ACL injuries) never returned to play in another regular season NFL game. Of those that did return, most players returned to action 9 to 12 months (not to peak performance) after an ACL injury.
My daughter had her ACL replaced last year, by the Texans team doctor (or one of them). It was actually the second time she had it done as it was originally repaired 3 years prior.

According to the Doc, there had been improvements in the process which should increase success rates & help our athletes return to pre-injury form.

Of course, I thought he was just selling us a bill of goods. Man don't get paid unless we agree to re-do a procedure that just failed. However, when I saw AD go off in 2012, I started to believe there was some truth to what he told us.

Do you know of any improvements in reconstructive knee surgery?