View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013   #127
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Draft Grade - Round 3/2 Sam Montgomery

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
I realize Wade is a defensive genius who has made a good living & built a solid reputation as a DC based on his knowledge & information, but it was very apparent last season that our LB's were abused in coverage in certain games last season. Wade may say its not important, but I tend to believe otherwise based on the fact that our LB's were exposed & in certain games Wade had issues stopping the bleeding. If Montgomery is in there & he has issues in coverage, I'm sure the opposition will attempt to find ways to expose it very similar to what NE did by swinging their RB's out wide & isolating our LB on them 1on1 which led to big gains. I think its a bigger issue then Wade leads on imho.

Let's not forget Wade & Herring also said Bradie James could successfully replace DeMeco Ryans. I think they were completely wrong on that assumption. So an occasional misread could happen w/ even them. I'm not a big fan of the Montgomery pick as I said earlier, but time will tell & hopefully he pans out. If not, gain some weight & go to DE is always a good plan B.
If NE goes to a game plan of throwing to their DBS in the flat to exploit olb's that may may not be in coverage, that'd be sweet.

Also, bradie was brought in to be ilb#2. He was forced to try to do more because of injuries.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote