View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013   #125
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Draft Grade - Round 3/2 Sam Montgomery

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
I realize Wade is a defensive genius who has made a good living & built a solid reputation as a DC based on his knowledge & information, but it was very apparent last season that our LB's were abused in coverage in certain games last season. Wade may say its not important, but I tend to believe otherwise based on the fact that our LB's were exposed & in certain games Wade had issues stopping the bleeding. If Montgomery is in there & he has issues in coverage, I'm sure the opposition will attempt to find ways to expose it very similar to what NE did by swinging their RB's out wide & isolating our LB on them 1on1 which led to big gains. I think its a bigger issue then Wade leads on imho.
I'm sure Wade would love to have an All-Pro at every position, however he's in a position now where he's got to start cooking with what he's got. It doesn't do anybody any good for him to say, "Well, the situation isn't ideal, but we've got to do the best with what we've got."

& while I recall the Patriots giving us a hard time, both times, it was more about their hurry up, fast paced, snap it when they aren't looking offense than it was about "catching us" in a bad situation. If we had an Ed Reed out there telling everyone to shut up & get ready, could have been a totally different ball game.

Besides, right after the draft Herring said if he can't handle the coverage assignments, he'll be switched to the weakside.