View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013   #127
AngryNateFTW
Veteran

Rep Power: 17553 AngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rookie mini-camp

Going from 1 cookout to another but have a little time inbetween!

As always, Patrick Starr, Stephanie Stradley, Tania Ganguli, Nick, Dave Zangaro, and Marc with most of the tweets..Some of you have already posted em but i'll just try to fill. Some will be the same.

Quote:
Sam Montgomery was asked are you ready for a day off after these 3 days. He simply said "No."
Quote:
Kubiak said he's about to have a "long talk" with QB Collin Klein. Impressed with how far he came in 2.5 days
Quote:
Collin Klein looked the best he has on three days today. Threw the ball with confidence.
That's good to hear. With his running ability he just needs to improve his ball skills.

Quote:
Kubiak on Collin Klein; "He's found a way his whole career, and he's probably gonna find a way this time, too."
Would like to see him succeed.

Quote:
DeAndre Hopkins had the catch of the day on a deep ball from Keenum down the sideline. Sliding one handed catch with a DB on him.
Quote:
Montgomery said he was ready for the morning. Said he was ready to get to the facility and start working at 5:30 am.
Quote:
This is so random and fitting of these two: @Sonic99_SC met @antoniosmith94 just randomly at a restaurant. Got some advice.
Quote:
Talked to Brennan Williams said he is looking forward to working with Duane Brown and learn from one of the best in the game.
Quote:
I wondered if Klein could catch up and after a average day two.l, he really threw some NFL type passes. Still work to be done.
More good news.

Quote:
Hopkins and Swearinger are ready to contribute now. Already handle themselves as professionals.
Quote:
Gary Kubiak on DeAndre Hopkins: "He's special. Ball skills are extremely special. He's gonna help us early."
Quote:
Alan Bonner improved over the three days. Went deep past a defender and caught a pretty ball down the sideline from Klein.
Quote:
Kubiak said all the running backs in this camp impressed him. Decisions on who makes the team will depend a lot on special teams.
Quote:
One player to watch is ILB Cameron Collins. Put on some good weight and is 6-2 241 lbs. Was on the 53 man roster last season.
Quote:
I think Klein did enough to be offered a contract. I was down on him early but he put it together.
Quote:
More Gary Kubiak on QB Collin Klein: "To watch how far the guy came in 2 and 1/2 days, probably had his best day today, It was impressive."
Quote:
Supernaw said that catching balls from Keenum is just like catching balls from Yates or Schaub. He's grown that much. #texans #texanstalk
That's high praise.

Quote:
Offseason workout did wonders for Phillip Supernaw. Big TE and looking forward to him at camp. IR last season bc if foot injury.
Quote:
Was also impressed with Case Keenum and far he has come over the offseason. Will get a better gauge of his progress in camp.
Quote:
Montgomery said that its great having HS teammate D.J. Swearinger on #texans. Tells him to run faster and jump higher.
If anyone doubted Montgomery's work ethic he's proving that that was a non-issue. Good work front office! Regardless, it doesn't look like Swearinger would let him slack off.

Quote:
It's only been three days but I'd be shocked if DeAndre Hopkins isn't starting the first game of the season. He's ready now.
Quote:
Collin Klein started off incredibly rusty and got a little better. He still has a long road ahead of him to be a QB in the NFL.
Quote:
D.J. Swearinger is a fun guy. He's loud, he's competitive and he has fun playing football. He'll be a favorite of Texans fans.
Quote:
To me, Cierre Wood and Dennis Johnson stood out among the UDFA running backs at camp. I think one of them will make the 53-man.
Quote:
Stephen McGee has his work cut out for him to take the No. 3 job from Case Keenum. The team likes him and he looked good.
Quote:
my sleeper player at camp was OLB Willie Jefferson from Stephen F. Austin. Still learning OLB but has size & potential.
Quote:
Interested to see if the Texans keep all 23 UDFAs they sign. This class of UDFAs was a nice group.
Quote:
Gary Kubiak continues to like what he sees in rookie WR Alan Bonner. "His best day this morning. A ton of ability."
Quote:
One thing I like about Hopkins is that he asks questions. He stopped a WR drill to make sure he understood what Coach Kirksey was wanting.
Quote:
Gary Kubiak concluded today's minicamp media session by wishing everyone a Happy Mother's Day.
@DrewDougherty ^ V

Quote:
"Tremendous speed. He can really run."--Kubiak today on #UConn OLB Trevardo Williams
Quote:
Rookie wide receivers Alec Lemon and Andy Cruse seem to catch everything. Lemon had a nice day 3.
Quote:
"He’s a very old-school coach. I can say that. He’s a great guy. He’s very straight-forward." - Chris Jones on D-Line coach Kollar
AngryNateFTW is offline   Reply With Quote